CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fairs, Galore!

Since we got to spend a long weekend together, Mom and Dad decided LMCP needed to get out and do something! So, on Saturday, we packed up the wagon and headed to the Oregon State Fair. Grandma Virjean got to come, too. We spent a lot of time in the petting zoo, which was only semi-interesting to LMCP -- and terrifying for Grandma, especially when a deer kept trying to eat her shirt. A different deer was licking my back, so apparently they're not getting a lot of that food that you have to pay $2 to get. Here are some pictures from our first time at the fair. I'll bet next year will be even more fun for LMCP.





Then, on Monday, Mom and Dad took LMCP to "Art in the Pearl," a fancy art show with some bands and delicious treats. I think Auntie Amie should plan on coming to the show next Labor Day weekend, because there were lots of metalsmith jewelry artists charging beaucoup bucks for their stuff, and hers is WAY MORE beautiful, and would sell well in a trendy art show like this one. So, Auntie Amie -- you should check it out and get in that fair!!

LMCP didn't really care for the art (what can I say, we're not artsy people). But she did enjoy some music on the World Music Stage. Well, she enjoyed it for a minute. She really enjoyed the fact that we let her out of her stroller, and she got to check stuff out. You'd think of all the things going on around her, she'd be interested in people, kids, dogs (okay, she was interested in the dogs) or food -- but not my girl. Instead, she was quite taken with a pile of chairs set out for anyone to grab as they listened to music. No one came near them though, because LMCP staked her claim to them, and guarded them with her life. Here's the series of events, as they unfolded.

"Hmm, this music is okay, but I think I'd like to check out some other... Hey, look at that those chairs over there, that looks like more fun."



"Wow, they're letting me go, I can't believe it, they're going to let me climb on stuff!"


"Ooooh, this is fun. Look at how good I am at climbing on these stacked up chairs."


"Woah, they're looking at me. Are they going to make me stop? I'd better look cute so they let me continue..."


"Wow! This is the best day ever! I can't believe I got to spend 20 minutes climbing on something that really could've hurt me, especially when I almost bit the dust several times. Thanks, Mommy & Daddy!"

1 comments:

Big Cope said...

how fun! everybody loves a little orf, listeria, brucellosis, etc.. those are all the things your daughter probably caught from touching those creatures.. ha ha i'm just teasing.. i opened the blog and expected a long dissertation on the 90-deuce season premiere tonight that i refuse to watch just so i can hear your play by play tomorrow.. don't disappoint!