
When I was little, my Dad used to pick me up every other weekend to go visit, and most of the time, he lived very far away. So, we had a lot of time in the car together. In fact, part of how I learned to read was looking at all the billboards along the highways in Chicago. I remember when I was about 6, the Police released "King of Pain," and I listened to the lyrics, thinking, "What is this song about? A little black spot on the sun today?"
Anyway, when I saw the Police live on Friday night, I was taken back to that time. I may have also been taken back to that time by the 2 and a half hour drive we had leading up to the concert -- a drive much like the long ones I used to take with my Dad. The concert was fantastic, except we missed Elvis Costello because it took so long to get there. But, at least we didn't miss any of the Police. I do think it was a once in a lifetime experience, so well worth the trip -- and I do think they could've rocked a little bit harder than they did. They took it easy on a few songs that really could've got some of the old folks at the concert on their feet (a sure sign you're getting old-- you go to a concert and everyone is sitting down and over 30.) I got on my feet.
And the best part of the concert was the family in front of us. Their little girl must've been about 7 months old, and she was rocking out... much more than some of the oldies around us. Chad and I spent much of the night oohing and aahing over her... so of course, I snapped a photo of the youngest concert goer there. Overall, three out of four stars. And really, I do think this is their last tour, because they still hate each other after all this time (or they still play like they do, but truly, I don't think there's any love lost). And, by the way, Sting is pretty sexy with his gray beard and chiseled abs!
Monday, July 14, 2008
A Very Long Drive
Posted by Autumn at 10:51 AM
Labels: The Police
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I don't konow about sting being sexy but i wanted to let you know that every little thing you do is magic.
Post a Comment