CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

President of My Fanclub

My friend Amy says that's how you can tell if you like a new person right away. If they're the President of your fanclub, they ask you a lot of questions about yourself and genuinely seem interested. During my recent whirlwind trip to the greater Chicago/St. Louis-area, we had lots of Presidents. It was awesome. Here are some of the highlights of the trip (not in any particular order)

Amie was just about the prettiest bride I've ever seen. Amy says she looked like classical 1920's beauty bride. I think she looked just perfect. However, I'm not going to show you pictures of her radiant beauty. Instead, I'll show you the one photo I traveled close to 2,000 miles for. You see, on Monica's, Amy's, mine, and now Amie's wedding days, Luke has forced us to drink whisky from a flask while in our wedding dresses. Here's Amie indulging us in this ridiculous tradition.

And here's me--putting a little more heart into, Mrs. Simmons!!:

And I was apparently too drunk at Monica's wedding to capture it, so here's just a nice picture of her getting married.


And I was apparently too pregnant at Amy's wedding to capture it, so here's just a fun picture of her dancing.
So, I haven't really blogged about the trip, I've been too nostalgic finding old photos.

So, here's a good group shot from Amie's wedding, and I'll follow that up with something old school to put in perspective how OLD we all are. Enjoy!


I can tell you, some of the best parts about the trip:
meeting JonahMonster, meeting Mr. Cope, visiting with Pammycakes (and Kevin! and Erich! Oh my!), a surprise visit with Jacque, roadtripping with Amy, watertowers, evil parking attendants in Chicago, Dunkin' Donuts (but no Portillos!)
The only bad part: I missed Chad and LMCP like crazy. Maybe I'll expand on my adventures later if I get some time. Otherwise, consider yourself up-to-date.

2 comments:

Big Cope said...

can i be president?? i am a huge fan and i have all the tiger beat posters of you on my walls to prove it. i had a blast and i myself am waxing nostalgic.

louloupink said...

i'm so jealous that i didn't get to hang out with you guys. you seemed like you were having so much fun, and it was all i could do to try to make it over to you in my 80 lb dress by the end of the night. thank you for posting those fabulous pictures. i love the one of you shooting the whiskey. awesome! i'm so lame. i want a do over.