CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

2 Weeks Later

My friend Amie asked if I was still sleeping from 2 weeks ago, because I haven't posted here on my blog. My other friend, Mrs. Mac, keeps asking for updates even though I see her everyday and this will all be old news to her. Either way, I'll tell you what I've been up to: TOO MUCH! We've had a crazy couple of weeks. First, Grandma and Grandpa Hopson came to visit from Chicago. Lila was a really good girl with them--getting right back in the game after seeing them about 3 months ago over Christmas. My favorite part of their visit: Lila desperately needed to take a nap and was fussing. While I was in the shower, Grandpa scooped her up to cuddle in the chair--and got her to go to sleep by reading to her. No, not an Elmo book, but a book he was reading for teacher college: Night by Elie Weisel. Do you know that book is about the holocaust? I guess it's never too early to get yourself edu-macated. Here's photographic evidence Grandpa's feat:


After a few days with Grandma & Grandpa, I went back to work-- then we packed up and went to my sister-in-law's house for Easter. My momnesia kicked in and I forgot to charge the batteries in the camera--so we only snapped one good Easter photo of Lila (my sister-in-law is supposed to email the other with the egg hunt and all--but it could be a few months before I see them. She-admittedly-is terrible at stuff like that. So, look for Easter photos on the blog around the 4th of July). Lila loved the egg hunt--she got 6 eggs before she lost interest. She's at a fun age-- where she likes to put stuff in baskets (or tupperware, or drawers, or the bathtub, or the toilet, or whatever). Then, she had her first taste of a Reese's Peanut Butter cup. Now, I wasn't going to give her Peanut Butter until age 2, but Chad's mom beat me to the punch -- and Lila loved Nana for it. The good news--no allergic reactions to the Peanut Butter, so I guess it's "bring on the Jif" for lunch. Here's the one picture we snapped--Chad insisted I get in the photo--and I would've rather died. All apologies for my appearance!



So, before we left, our nanny played dress-up with Lila for Easter, and I just have to share these pictures:



Some other things of note--I have TWO NEW VIDEOS posted on youtube. I'm going to try to embed them here... but you can always just subscribe to my youtube page and it will notify you when I post new stuff (I think!). Here should be the videos:

Lila Making Cupcakes:



Lila Blowing Kisses (needs some patience--it comes at the end):


Okay, I'm just about done with my beer after a hellish day at work. Lila will be up in hours, so I need to sleep.
This weekend, Chad's taking me out for a delicious sushi dinner, then we're going to the Blazers game in the company suite! Woo hoo! Just gotta get through Friday!

Don't worry. I missed you, too.

2 comments:

amy one ill said...

Night's a really good book.

amy one ill said...

melrose place is a really good show.