CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

"I hear you, I just don't like what you're saying!"


LMCP is getting quite independent. She really wants only to do what she wants to do, and on her terms. But, she is starting to get a kick out of "helping" us do stuff. She likes to help put away her shoes or bring Mommy the blanket, etc. But, if you try to get her to do something she doesn't like -- well, let's just say we're just beginning a very long journey. I think the next few months will be the hardest yet, but well worth it all. I am particularly enjoying seeing Lila's road to self-discovery. In fact, she can now say "Lila." (but only if she's in the mood)

Lila and Grandma Virjean spent lots of time together this weekend, giving Mommy & Daddy a trip out to breakfast (alone!!), which was great. This is their favorite game (I think it's called "Boom.").



Only 9 more work days until the long 4th of July weekend. (Now that I think about it, it might be too early to start counting down). Next weekend, Grandma V. is going to babysit Lila while Mommy & Daddy go to a retirement dinner for someone Chad works with. It's going to be like 90 this weekend, so, as Auntie Mo says, I hope we don't "melt."

0 comments: