CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm Deaf

So, I'm going to see a fancy otolaryngologist next week because I haven't been able to hear out of my right ear (okay, hear well) for at least 3 months. That's right-- 3 months. It started out when I got sick with some sort of sinus infection. I took antibiotics, got better, but the ear never "unclogged." So, it's been like I was on an airplane 3 months ago, and I'm still walking around with an ear that won't "pop." Today, I took a nap, set my alarm, and didn't hear it while it was going off for 20 minutes. (My good ear was pressed against the pillow). People have suggested ear candling, but frankly, that grosses me out and the internet calls it BS. So, finally, I'm seeing a specialist (in case you were too lazy to follow the link to find out what an otolaryngologist is). Today, someone I work with told me he actually had the same thing happen when he was 20, and had an ear tube put in--like the kind some babies get. I don't think that would be fun, but if it'll help me hear, I'll do it.

On another note, I got some good video of Lila walking today. She's pretty much going to a good big girl walker by the end of the week.

My friend Monica had her baby yesterday. We're excited about Cope's arrival. That's it for tonight. Seriously. I won't post anymore after this. I swear.

0 comments: